Yesterday Dave and I went to my OB's office for our ultrasound. While waiting to be called back the couple who had their ultrasound right before us came back into the lounge squealing because they just found out they were having twins, a boy and girl. With excitement overflowing around us in that couple's huge group that came for the news, Dave and I headed back for our turn. We gratefully already knew there was only one baby brewing in my belly, so my biggest concern was that it's head would be as flat as a pancake from all the cannonballs the boys do into my tummy. And while we were pretty certain it was going to be another boy it had been a lot of fun to imagine over the last few months the what-if's the news of a girl would bring.
It was awesome to see the healthy little baby just a growing away (I'll get a picture up soon), everything looking perfect, and it made me really excited for December to meet him. That's right, him. Our third son! Back out in the lounge we waited for our Doctor's appointment following the ultrasound, and it started to sink in how completely outnumbered I was going to be at home (I teared up a little, but I'm blaming that on hormones because I've also cried almost every time I watch one of those Visa commercials during the Olympics.) Since we think this will be our last baby there was no thought in the back of my mind that maybe next time it'll be a girl. And I understood why my mom was tempted to dress Cameron (her third son in a row) up in ruffles. It will be fun to have a house full of boys and hope they develope a relationship as brothers to rival the one I get to have with my sisters (no offense to my brothers, I love them too.) Now onto the hardest part, finding another boy name we can agree on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
hooray for the new blog! hooray for the new nephew! your post made me laugh, and tear up (not unlike your visa commercial experiences).
can't wait for more!
I am so happy. Honestly I think you are only meant to have sons because Health would destroy a little girl with his playing.
I recommend naming the boy "Davis"
Now I can see you anytime I want-granted in a tiny little itty bitty picture, but still.
I changed my background, it looks pretty stinkin cute, if I do say so myself.
Loves!
Okay, time for a new post Arny!
Little boys are fun! I am actually sad that I am not having another boy! Yes the girl clothes are awesome, but really, they are so high strung and emotional! We will see if you even find this post! Congrats! Oh and my cousin has a little boy named Davis and he is really cute, so I second that!
Post a Comment