
Yesterday was our seven year anniversary! No, we didn't really do anything romantic, Dave came home early from work and took a three hour nap while I spent two hours with the kids sharpening colored pencils for our Primary. We did make it out to have a little family dinner though. And since I was blogging MIA through Father's day and Dave's 30th Birthday, I thought I would take this opportunity to mention one reason for every year of marriage why I'm glad I get to call him mine.
1. He treats me very well. My dad always said he spoiled his daughters so that they would either (A) never find someone who treated them as good as their daddy or (B) find someone who would never treat them badly. Dave has some hard shoes to fill that way, but he does a great job. Whether it's giving me a weekend off to go out of town and play without kids or getting me something I wouldn't get myself, I can tell he's always thinking of me.
2. He still thinks I'm pretty. Even if he comes home from work and I'm still running around in my pajamas, have bed head, and covered in baby puke he still wants to kiss me.
3. I can wake him up at 4:30 in the morning to kill the giant moth flying around our room keeping me from sleep and he doesn't roll his eyes or whine about it. He puts on his glasses and grabs a Kleenex. Or kills the spider I've had trapped under a jar all day while he was at work. (He's even stopped pretending to throw the dead bugs at me, which is why I think we'll make it another 7 years.)
4. He's a great dad! He plays with them, teaches them, and most importantly to them he makes Chewbacca read them their bed time stories. And whenever he does get upset with them he always makes sure to talk with them later and apologize and doesn't let them leave before he's made them laugh.
5. He understands compromise. He'll watch things I know he would never be interested in if I wasn't there, like So You Think You Can Dance, Food Network Cake Challenges, and movies on TV even when we own the movie. Most the time he will even let me watch them while there's a game on, so long as we check the game during commercials. Unless it's a playoff game, at which time one of us must either concede defeat or relocate upstairs.
6. He always values my opinion and thoughts about something. Even after he's witnessed total moments of stupidity from me (such moments will not be shared, it is my blog and I don't have to fess up to every stupid thing I do or say on it.)
7. He makes me laugh. Contrary to popular belief, Dave does speak. In fact, he's a bit of a smart aleck. And even though he thinks I've lost my sense of humor it's nice to have someone you can laugh with.
So Happy Anniversary Dave, a day late! When I started this I couldn't imagine trying this on a silver or golden anniversary, but once I got going I think I could probably pull it off.

4 comments:
I'm glad Dave can speak. That's reassuring. That was a nice post. I'm glad he treats you so well. Way to go, Dave!
Happy late Anniversary to a ridiculously cute couple!
I love you guys, and your little kids too.
Loves!
Happy 7 years! I think this is the sweetest post I've ever read. I love the picture too! What a beautiful couple you - are thanks to me - hee! hee! Just kiddin!
I think you have a gem too. Of course I think you are a jewel.
Post a Comment