Last week I sat down and read some blogs of family and friends, and just reveled in them. Loving that I felt like I could still be a part of their life despite distance and lack of actual verbal communication. I loved that their stories were shared and saved, and I reprimanded myself for lack of effort in that area. But I feel like I do have some sort of excuse...
You see, my computer is now overrun by dinosaurs (including the innocent looking toddler who can probably out "roar" any dino.) My already OCD prone two year old has set up shop on the computer desk, where none of his brothers bother him. Where none of his dinosaurs fall over by a passerby. Where they are out of reach to many of our visitors. Where he can lay out his dino books and study them. Where he has figured out how to use iTunes and can access his favorite movie moments with just a quick click or key stroke. Where his brothers don't change his cartoon to play the wii. Where mommy doesn't scoot him out of the way so she can exercise. It has become his Dinotopia, and he's showing no signs of moving out.

For a while I let him have his little space in the house. A place of comfort amongst the often busy and loud background. But it's becoming a problem. He's getting too comfortable, and probably spending too much time at his beloved dino-land.
No longer will I maneuver the mouse within the two inch opening that is not covered by dinosaurs. No longer will I type gingerly about the dinosaurs surrounding the keyboard. I need my Mac back!!! I need my Mac back, so I can tell you that Heath played baseball this year and actually had fun (instead of crying in the outfield that he didn't get a turn.)
I need my Mac back so I can tell you Wade and I survived a year of co-op preschool and really loved it!
I need my Mac back so I can tell you we are going to try out camping with the boys this summer. But we're starting small, think of the untamed wilderness of the backyard!!!
I need my Mac back so I can tell you that I went on a girls weekend trip and my boys all thought I ran off to audition for So You Think You Can Dance.
I need my Mac back so I have a chance to write down and save some of the funny stories that happen every week, that I've already forgotten about.
So sorry Charlie! Dinosaur land has got to relocate. I'm taking back my Mac.

5 comments:
I was just thinking today that I missed your stories and was saddened that there wasn't a recent update on here. I'm so glad you're taking back your mac.
How cute!! Dinosaur land! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Co-op preschool?? I am interested...
That preschool picture of Wade is adorable!
I am so glad you are reclaiming what is rightfully yours. Girl power in that house of men!
That's right! Take charge. And update the blog a little more.
Post a Comment