"They're super nice, huh?"
Another nod.
"I'm glad you like them Wade."
Another nod. But then wait...he speaks:
"But I still love you the most mom."
As my heart melted I couldn't help but give him a big hug and reply "I love you the most too." Was that why he always wanted to stay with me or Dave, he didn't want us to think he liked his friends at church more than us? Of course we love our family the most. What a sweet thoughtful little boy I have, but wait...he speaks again:
Running to the stairs he yells down "HEATH! MOM LOVES ME THE MOST!"
That little weasel, how did I get tricked into that.

3 comments:
Now it starts a lifetime of trying to prove your are the favorite. Remember when you made me that stick ornament for plants in Young Women's? You scribble painted it to see if it was true a mother loved anything you make her. They do!
it was only a matter of time until it came out...
"Tricked".... we've always known.
Post a Comment