My Heath has been asking me a lot about the Priesthood lately. Often the same questions over and over again. How old do you have to be to get it? Does so-and-so have the priesthood? Is that why they carry around the sacrament? Why do only the boys have the priesthood and not the girls, this one really concerns him. Luckily our YW lessons have been about the priesthood, so I felt pretty brushed up for all the questions. But Heath did have one I wasn't prepared for. A couple weeks ago, on the way home from Wade's T-ball game Heath asked me, "Mom, what's the Ironic Priesthood for?" You know...it's funny you should ask that.... It took half the drive home (after I suppressed my giggling) to get him to correctly pronounce it.
And all this talk about the Priesthood is starting to sink in and not just with Heath. Monday night Wade learned how to ride a bike without the training wheels! (I wasn't home, so this is a second hand report.) It was starting to get dark outside and the boys headed in for the night. Wade was still beaming with pride of his new accomplishment but then quickly asked if it would be okay if Dad gave him a blessing ("you know, the one with your hands on my head") that he wouldn't get hurt riding his bike.
But the most tender Priesthood moment I've gotten to have these last few weeks was at the baptism of our oldest son Heath. I think baptisms are very special moments in our lives when we are blessed to fill so purely of our Heavenly Father's love for us. I still remember my own baptism 22 years ago and that's how I felt--burning with joy and love. And that's how I felt as Dave took that step 11 years ago at his baptism (well that, and a little uncomfortable at all the comments people made to me about marriage.) I've felt those sweet feeling of love for others as I've attended several baptisms. But I can't express how sweet it was to have my very own husband stand in the font worthy and prepared to perform that ordinance with our very own Heath. They are just both so wonderful to me! The whole weekend was best described by my Aunt Missy and Grandparents Davis as "heaven." I have a deep gratitude for the priesthood holders in my life grandfathers, uncles, brothers and a brother-in-law (just to name a few) who hold and honor the Priesthood in their homes. I know I'm deeply blessed by the outstanding example of my own Dad, and grateful he continues to set a high standard for my husband and sons to follow and learn from. I love him very much, I love my husband and sons very much, and I love my Heavenly Father very much.
I'm grateful for an eternal plan of happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I took that picture.
Just saying.
Post a Comment