Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Little Big Boys


Heath has started Preschool! The first day he was so excited he picked out what shirt he was going to wear and carried it around with him most of the morning until it was time to get dressed. He's loved it so far. I carpool with a friend from church and her little boy and Heath have become fast friends and everyday after preschool they beg to get to play at one or the other's house. I'm glad they aren't sick of each other (yet) and a little sad I didn't make a bigger effort to have him over before preschool because the boys are great together. It's been nice. I've noticed that Heath has started singing songs to himself that he's learned at preschool about the months and things like that. He's even been on a field trip to the Fire Station. He's also been less moody/grumpy since preschool started, Hurray! And since his class is during the usual time he gets to play the Wii at home (Wade's nap time, mommy shower time) his video game time has drastically decreased as well. All and all I'm very glad we signed him up.
We also made another kind of big boy change at home. Heath now has his own room. We've had him and Wade share a room since Wade was born. But with number three on it's way something had to get mixed up. So Heath has taken over what once used to be our spare/guest room. I wanted to make sure it felt like his room and that he wasn't getting the boot, so we let him help pick out everything for his room. Easily enough he didn't care as long as he got to have red in it (his favorite color.) And he got to help paint.

He was pretty excited with how it turned out and likes to show people who come over his new room. We still haven't gotten much on the walls besides paint, but I'm just proud of us for being able to clean out all the storage and stuff we've been piling in there so he has a closet and some space in the room to play. It's been nice to have him and his friends run up there to play too. I've overheard them referring to his room as Transformer Headquarters.

So what does this transition mean for little Wade? Well the first night Heath slept in his new room, Wade thought it meant he got to move in there too. Clearly the bed is big enough for both of them, so he snuggled into the blankets next to Heath and blew us a kiss good night. He looked a little upset when Daddy pulled him out of bed with Heath and took his back into his old room. But his scowl quickly changed as Daddy tucked him into the twin bed instead of the crib. He only climbed out of bed twice that night. One of the times he was walking with his blanket and stuffed rocket into Heath's room. He was discouraged when I picked him up while he was climbing into bed with Heath and carried him back to his room. But he's been really excited about having the big bed and not the crib! Of course he's still more excited about Heath's bigger bed, which is why I don't have a picture of him playing on his.

The whole sleeping arrangement switch went much smoother than I ever hoped. Not a tear through the whole transition, what big little boys.

8 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

Ah!!! I know that you have already told me all of this, but I still love it when you update your blog.

I don't think I'm biased, so I think you should know that you have the handsomest boys in the world. Ever. Of all time.

Shortcake said...

I love your boys too! Such handsome little guys and so nice to put up with Lydia stealing their dinosaurs and books in church. Nice job on Heath's room - I love the stripes! Is Wade still doing well in his big bed?

Minister of Chainsaws said...

Jil... switch it up and give birth to an ug-o.

Minister of Chainsaws said...

P.S.

You should see if Sears wants to buy that second to last picture from you to use in their catalog... I could see it selling a LOT of bedding sets.

Kinley said...

I found you! I don't really use my facebook either- or blog- what can I say? I try! Anyway can I just say oh my goodness your boys are adorable! How cute! But honestly, I would expect nothing less!

Auntie M said...

I tend to agree with the Minister. Sears should buy that photo. I am thinking I should paint a room to match yours.

I am with Boo about the whole "get excited when you update your blog." You lead a much more exciting life than I do. Can you update it twice a day? It would help my boring life.

I love you my Jil. I hear that you were in IF this past weekend. I will be there this coming weekend. We didn't align ourselves did we?! BUMMER!!! I miss you.

Kiss the boys (only a hug for Dave) for me. I miss you all.

Nickie said...

I love love love that last pic of Wade, what a cutie!
I really like your new background, and this time, I really can read it!
Lovies!

Unknown said...

I can't stand how cute your blog is. I wish I had the ability to figure things like that out..instead I just go for goofy. But it's the subject matter that counts, and the subject matter on yours is much cuter than your scrapbook aesthetic--YOUR BOYS!!! ADORABLE!