Tuesday, November 4, 2008

But wait, there's more...

So remember how I said I just haven't had much to blog about lately, I think I'm setting a new record in consecutive blogs now. What was supposed to be a boring lazy weekend, turned out to have a little drama in it after all. The Christopher/Kodie clan come over Saturday to hang out. It was a good time, Christopher and Dave took Parker, Heath, and McKay to the Star Wars movie at the dollar theater and Kodie, Deacon, Wade and I ran out to a few stores. The boys were on their way back with dinner and I was in the bathroom when I heard Wade start to cry. I came out to see Kodie sitting him on the kitchen counter with a wet paper towel covered in blood by his mouth. I knew immediately where to look in his crying mouth and sure enough his front tooth was knocked out of place.

Now often when people meet my boys they mention how much Heath and Wade look alike, but does that really mean that Wade has to knock out his front teeth too? Once again I called my friend Julie (a dentist) to see if she could come over to take a look. She lovingly abandoned her errands to come straight over to examine the damage. Showing up the same time Dave got home with food, Julie asked him what happened. Dave had no idea because I didn't think it would be worth calling him and trying to explain over the noise of Wade crying. Also it's still kind of a mystery as to what did happen, all we know is he was sitting at the kitchen table playing with toys and two seconds later he was crying. Dave held Wade down while Julie pushed his tooth back into place, sounds pleasant huh? But I'm happy to announce he still has his front teeth. He bled all over his sheets Saturday night, but the tooth is firmly in place today! Let's hope they stay there until they fall out from natural causes or people are going to start to wonder what we do to our children.

In other news, this weekend I was put in the new Primary Presidency (2nd counselor)for our Ward. I had a few people mention to me on Sunday I was crazy to accept this assignment with seven weeks to go from baby number three. But I think most would agree the Lord provides a way. After all He made sure I was sustained daylight savings weekend when I would have an extra hour in the morning to get to church on time.

Well, let's hope that's it for a while. Maybe another month of blogging silence from me.

3 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

how did i not know any of this?!? i talked to you for half an hour today, and none of this came up!

it's a good thing i love you.

and give wade an extra love from me--perhaps he deserves another cup of pink cocoa.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Was his tooth completely out? Laura Lee's tooth was pulled out with the roots showing- long story- (when she had braces) - so I know how much blood is involved and the scenario of having to try to push the tooth back into place.(She was at two different hospitals and finally had to have surgery on it).

So I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! So glad you have a dentist friend!! God definitely uses others to answer our prayers!

Unknown said...

Jil!! it is so like you to have a cool head during stressful moments!

Can't wait for the new baby- but I suppose you have more cause to feel that way.

love ya, keep on keepin on.