Errands/Household Chores:
grocery shopping...check
X many loads of laundry...check
carpool this week...check
packing away overflowing box of out-grown clothes...check
get out next size up for Wade...check
oil changes...check
haircuts...check
routine and more invasive cleaning...check
Church Assignments:
finish provident living project...check
meetings...check
sharing times...check
visiting teaching...check
numbers/dates needed for next year...check
training...check
more meetings...check
primary activities...in progress
scouting...check
subs for teachers...check
Holidays:
Trip to IF...check
shopping...check
Thanksgiving dinner (solo in Boise)...check
shopping...check
Christmas decorations...check
wrapping...check
one last shopping trip...check
parties...on calender
Prep for Wade's Birthday...in-progress
Baby:
Insurance pre-certification...check
Hospital pre-registration...check
appointments...check/scheduled
pediatrician...check
diapers and toiletries...check
pulling out/washing baby clothes...getting there
Usually being my father's daughter and my father's father's daughter living a life where I can cross this many things off of a list would be complete, but it hasn't been the case. Then on Thursday Dave and I headed off to take care of another list item:
Temple Trip...check
I even had a list of things in my head to ponder about while I was there. Then the thoughts I shared while visiting teaching came to my mind from President Monson's talk Finding Joy in the Journey. All those lists left my mind and nothing but gratitude and joy filled my heart as a different list came to mind:
Health and strength...check (even though my voice may convince otherwise right now)
supportive loving husband...check
happy healthy boys...check
spiritual anchors...check
goodly parents...check
(list abbreviated due to time and tears and Dave starting to stare at me)
And while I'm sure I'll still go through a couple lists a week because of a genetic disposition, the upcoming events, and perhaps nesting I'm grateful to be finding joy in the journey and through serving others. Happy Late Thanksgiving! And here's to hoping I'm in labor by Christmas! (not likely)

2 comments:
jill... iam getting so excited to meet you new bambino. love ya!
jil, i really really like you, and i really really liked this post.
as a fellow listmaker, i could totally connect (weird that we have that in common...).
please imagine the remainder of this post as one lone elderly gentleman (me wearing my old man shoes) in a crowd clapping his hands and cheering without embarrassment. eventually all around him appreciate the brilliance of this bold move and join.
char-lie
char-lie!
char-LIE!
CHAR-LIE!
CHAR-LIE!!
CHAR-LIE!!!
CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE!
charlie, aunt boo is ready for you.
Post a Comment