Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby Ticker Update

So I have to admit I've been very curious what happens on the baby ticker after my due date. Well, yesterday was my due date, and today the baby ticker says I still have 1 day to go. It continues to count past 40 weeks correctly, so I wonder what the one day to go thing means. Does is know something no one else knows?

For those interested, yes I'm still pregnant. I went to my appointment yesterday with my doctor, finally after three weeks of staying the same I've progressed enough she offered to induce me on Friday the 26th, until she heard us on the cell phones during my appointment coordinating a trip to the pediaticians office for Heath because he has pink eye. And I admitted to her that I was also sick...again. The Doctor politely told me I was welcome to come in and have the baby on Friday, but she was not going to be the one responsible for starting it. That's probably a good thing, and I'm glad she didn't leave it up to me because I probably would have pushed us into making Friday work. So unless I go into labor by myself I have another week to go before I see my doctor again, at which appointment she will probably remind me that I "can't stay pregnant forever" and will probably set up an induction. In the mean time I get to spend another Christmas over due, pop in and out of the hospital for non-stress test monitoring, and celebrate Wade's 2nd b-day! So unless the ticker is all knowing and I have one day left there's a good chance I might not get to claim Charlie on next years tax return. I admit amongst the joys of Christmas tomorrow there's a good chance I will check my blog to see what the tickers says.

2 comments:

Shortcake said...

Thanks for the update! I didn't want to be the annoyance calling to ask. For you sake, hopefully he's here before the new year. I didn't know you picked a name either - I like it! If you need anything let us know - seriously a foot rub or whatever. And Happy Birhtday to Wade in a few days.

Kodie said...

Did you notice your digital baby no longer has an umbilical cord? Apparently you cut him off when he became overdue.