We had his blessing last weekend and it was great having everyone come up! Thank you to everyone who came to share the weekend with us! Unfortunately I thought to take a group picture while everyone was eating on Sunday and decided now was not the time. Either I forgot all about it or we never stopped eating on Sunday. I'll let you decide. Dave did take some pictures of me and the boys before we went to meet up for evening activities at Christopher's house. This one isn't my favorite of me or Wade, but decent.
I think the biggest surprise at having three kids is how much messier the older two become! While I'm distracted by Charlie, Heath and Wade have spent a lot more unsupervised time together. It's not uncommon for me to come downstairs in the morning to find all the cushions pulled off every couch in the house and assembled into secret hideouts or "Ninja houses." It is also not uncommon for me to hear screaming while I'm nursing, then to have a little boy come seeking me out because they're not as indestructible as they think even though they have pretend armor on. And because feeding Charlie takes so much time, feeding everyone else is often pushed back on the priority list. So Heath and Wade have started feeding themselves. This is problematic for a couple of reasons; 1. Fruit snacks and fruit roll ups are not really made of fruit and therefore are not the perfect meal any time of day, and 2. Surprisingly 2 and 4 year olds are not the worried about cleanliness when eating or otherwise and I find food all over the house. The amount of time I have spent cleaning up has dramatically increased. (I guess these are only problematic for me, the boys see little problem with these methods. Although I do make them clean up a lot of their messes.) Wade being two is particularly good at messes right now. This is from last week when our fridge broke and I decided the half melted ice cream couldn't go to waste, it was my favorite flavor. I guess I did bring this one upon myself giving my children a full carton of half melted ice cream.
But I must quickly mention one of my favorite parts of this last weekend. My parents had a special family home evening with their married children, Annie watched the grandkids--all of them (except Charlie)! It was a really special night, my Davis Grandparents, Aunt Missy, and cousin Brock were also there. Insights and beautiful experiences were shared along with the Kleenexes. Then Sunday when I was allowed some time with Missy's coveted I-phone I found this picture, which I-phone quickly e-mailed me. Having spent some time this weekend thinking of my brother Cameron it was fun to see this picture of me and him.
Charlie has been a good sport long enough, and I can ignore his crying no more. Thanks for checking in on us!

10 comments:
I hear that the third is hard because you are now out-numbered! I think you look great and your little babies are so cute! I am now understanding what my mom was feeling when she would say we will always be her babies! I didn't realize how big Tanner had gotten until Kate came along! I really need to get that kid potty trained! I feel like I am putting diapers on a 6 year old! I just wish he cared at all about how exciting it is to be a big boy and use the big boy potty! Oh, goodness! One of these days he will jump on the band wagon! I am just hoping it is before kindergarten!
I love you. It was so important to me to see you. It has been far to long since I got to be with you guys.
I will forever remember holding Charlie, Wade sitting next to me reading stories with his brother, and Heath making my bed. You have amazing children. I am glad you allow me to be part of it all.
I really love that picture of Cameron with you. I miss him.
I wish I could see you all more than the distance and responsibilities allow. Consider yourself hugged and kissed ALL FIVE OF YOU!
Jill,
Thank you for stealing this picture from our Aunt. It brought a smile to my face.
Wow, that picture of you and Cameron is amazingly clear considering the journey it's been on. I'm glad you found it. It was a great weekend, wasn't it?
I can no longer be in denial where Olivia get's her curly locks. Wait, that was a perm wasn't it? LOVE that picture, it makes me cry in a wonderful way.
Jil, you're so awesome! 3 handsome beautiful boys! They are also 3 very lucky boys ;)
Jill,
Congratulations on the birth of your 3rd child! I love the picture of Charlie smiling!
I am so happy you have wonderful memories of Charlie's blessing date. That is one of the most special days in a mother's life.
Your boys are beautiful and so are you!
I love the picture of you, Cameron and Amanda too. I saw it first on Grandma and Grandpa's Apple TV!
Love the updates. You're boys are so cute! I can hardly keep up with just one kid, three seems almost impossible to me. Let me know the next time you're heading over to IF. We could grab Felicia and all catch up!
Your baby is so cute, I love his blessing outfit. I love the picture of you and the boys. You totally rock.
Jill, I think your blog is awesome you will have to give me pointers on how you put so many pictures on one thread, I didn't know you were pregnant or maybe I did but I am so happy for you, Charlie is such a doll, and I love the name too, your boys are so cute, maybe one day I will also have 3 boys but 2 is enough for me right now.
Sharae Davis
Post a Comment