Today my sweet visiting teachers came to see me. (Heath refers to them as "the two grandma's.) As they watched my boys desperately trying to show off for them one of them asked, "Don't you wish time would just stop?"
Let's take a moment to reflect on a quick run down of time from just today:
12:30am Woke to the sound of the phone ringing and Dave getting called into the hospital.
1:30am Finally fell back asleep when I heard Dave pulling back into the garage.
2:30am Woke to the sound of Wade crying. Climbed in bed with Wade and Heath (who insist on sleeping in the same bed right now.) Went back to my own bed once Wade started kicking me in the back and saying "Stop Heath!" He must have drifted back into sleep to his sweet peaceful dream.
4:00am-6:00am Woke to the sound of Charlie crying. Unfortunately crying continued long enough to make it apparent I was needed. I finally got him back to sleep at 6am and was able to go back to bed.
7:45am Wade and Heath come barrelling into the room and I get up, yet again, to get them ready to go to their dentist appointments at 8:30.
7:46am Realize that Wade peed the bed for the first time ever, and starting stripping the bed and Wade to start my laundry for the day.
8:20am Climb back in bed, thank you Dave for taking the boys to the dentist.
10:00am Hear Charlie crying again and realize it's time to get up for the day. Hear the happy dentist trip report, they made it on the no cavities wall, and then the usual morning activities commence, breakfast, dishes, bed making, and the usual drama over toys and potty trips.
12:30pm While stepping out of the shower Heath begins to frantically bang on my door to tell me he's "a loser, and really needs something." I tell him snack requests will have to wait until I'm dressed.
1:00pm Discover what Heath meant by his earlier comment is that he was messing around with the DVD player and broke it.
1:05pm Sent Heath to his room to avoid yelling at him. Then got everyone fed lunch.
2:00pm Visiting Teachers arrive and ask question, "Don't you wish time would just stop?" Actual honest response, "Yes, but usually more out of exhaustion than sentiment."
Thinking things will finally wind down for the day? I was hopeful, but in the next hour and a half following the Visiting Teachers departure Heath knocked down the blinds in his bedroom, covered both himself and Wade in sand then came running through the house, broke Wade's toy from the the dentist, and smashed Wade's fingers. I often hear that these are the easy years, sometimes it makes me wonder if I'm cut out for this whole parenting thing afterall. Is it bedtime yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow woman! That is a packed day and hopefully tonight is a little more quiet for you.
Oh Jill- I am so sorry!
I feel like I should make a profound comment, but all I can think to say is I really enjoyed this post. Is that sick or something?
At least you know you're not alone in this whole parenting thing, eh? I really enjoyed this post, too.
sounds like a fun day!!
Post a Comment