Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Look out Kindergarten, here comes Heath!


I'm a little slow putting these up. Heath started Kindergarten last Monday, after weeks of anticipation. I'm sure he was mostly just excited to get away from me and my constant reminders about how to behave and what to expect. He climbed on the bus without even glancing back to notice Wade climbing on right after him. I was proud of him for not being scared at all (the bus was 15 minutes behind schedule due to first day jitters), he did great. In fact, it happened so quickly that I didn't get a chance to hug him good-bye. I admit that after getting back in the house I watched the bus drive down the street until I couldn't see it anymore.
But I quickly found out I ruined his life when I showed up to pick him up after school. He was so mad that he didn't get to ride the bus home and we couldn't stop to play at a friends house he stayed 20 feet in front of me all the way home. And if I started to catch up to him, he took off running to get a good distance again. Did we start Kindergarten or High school? But things were quickly mended when Daddy came home early to take us out to ice cream. Why do I have to be the bad guy?
So far so good, at least that I can decipher. (He still can't figure out how I knew he didn't really go to a farm and pet camels.) He's made a few friends who make it a point to yell good-bye to him across the school yard and he's brought home a few papers that I think show he's actually trying to do his best instead of just always trying to finish first, so we've made progress already. As for me, I appreciate a few hours of down time and a little less noise.

2 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

heath can't possibly be in kindergarten. he's too cool for school.

boo face mcjones said...

dude. you can't change your blog template and not post any new content. that's just a violation of the blogging commandments (which i am still making up as i go).

p.s. my word verification is "huckers." it made me laugh.