This morning while I was changing Charlie's diaper, Wade began crying because he couldn't pull the blanket up on the couch like he wanted it.
"Wade, please stop crying about it. All you have to do is ask for help, you don't need to cry until I come fix it." I explain
Wade, still half whimpering, "Can you help me fix the blanket, 'cause it's not working."
"Yes, I will help you, let me finish Charlie's diaper."
Miraculously Heath stops becoming a spectator, and climbs off the couch and helps Wade with the blanket.
Me: "Thank you Heath, for helping"
Heath (with the grouchy face and grumpy voice): "Oh, that's the spirit of Christmas."
I think someone's heart grew three sizes today. Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:
Hopefully he got to help carve the roast beast too! Ben & I loved this story!! Hope you're having fun... ps your house hasn't blown-up yet.
I love your boys, I can just picture Heath saying that.
I miss you, can't wait to hang out again, btw, Wade is really good at that song, I love him. Give your boys a kiss for me!
Loves!!!
Post a Comment