Monday, December 14, 2009

Stuck on a Licorice Space

After getting Heath on the bus to school, Wade asked me to play a game with him. He often asks me to play and more often than not I divert him by finding something else he can do by himself. Today when he asked I said, "why not." So instead of tending to my overflowing dishes and housework or working on my pile of Christmas or Primary to-do's, I laid on the floor and played Candy Land with Wade. He often gets sidetracked on his way to his next colored space, so while his gingerbread man was making laps around the room, I laid by the game and watched my little boy who will soon be turning 3! I was amazed to think of how much he's changed in the last year and how much he's still the same. But mostly I thought about how much I love him, and how glad I am that I decided to play with him instead of anything else.

I used to think that Lord Licorice in the game was mean, and that he left the licorice on the road to make you get stuck, which didn't really make that much sense to me because I can think of much stickier candy. But maybe I just found the licorice, and instead of getting stuck in it I'm happily skipping my turn because I'm so caught up in the sweetness of my treat. It was nice to take a moment and enjoy my licorice today.

6 comments:

Brigette said...

He's cute. I can't believe he's already almost three!

Christopher said...

He is a sweet boy. I like him 'cause he will cuddle me and not say mean things like, "I like Kodie better than you."

Christopher said...

Would it be wrong of me to say I may like Wade more than I like you?

boo face mcjones said...

you had better believe i just watched that video about three times and laughed every time. yep, he is just about the sweetest child ever created. (how is it that he spawned from dave?)

did i mention that i love him? i like you too. and i like it when you put stuff up on here. could you please do it more regularly?

Shortcake said...

I always think you have the cutest boys on sundays, mostly cause I don't see them much during the week. They really are just so handsome! I love moments like that and still can't believe he'll be three soon!

Nana D said...

Does this little boy know what a frown is? NOOOOOO! It's not in his body language - is it?