Yes, I've had things that I thought "I should do a post about that" but then I don't get around to it that day, and suddenly it's a week later and I still haven't posted it and I decide it's old news and promise myself I'll blog about something else soon. But I'm finding it's turning into a habit. So after a small chew out by a certain sister who now spends a lot more time at home, I promised I would post in the next week, so here's some old news from the past few months.
I finally got the desire to redo our bedroom. Our bedding was pretty torn and trashed (it's kind of sad that once we get rid of things they're so trashed not even the DI would take them), and I'd been wanting to buy new bedding and spruce up the room since my birthday in October. I finally got the urge to make it happen this January.
On my sweet Daddy's birthday Heath lost his first tooth by natural causes. I thought it was kind of funny it was on my Daddy's birthday since for some reason my Dad seems to hold himself personally responsible for Heath smashing his front two teeth out. Really Dad, you took us out to dinner, it was so nice, it wasn't your fault my semi-accident prone little boy took a face plant into a booth at the restaurant.
Next, our family got to enjoy the chaotic fun known as the school carnival! I remember loving the school carnival growing up, so I was pretty excited to take the boys to this one. It's a little different from the parental aspect, but the kids had so much fun! It was great! Their and my favorite was eating the donuts hanging from the ceiling, which I didn't get a picture of because Dave had taken Charlie (and the camera) home by that point. Don't tell Heath, but Wade seemed to be way better at the games then Heath was, but as long as they got prizes and candy they didn't really care how many balls they got through the hole.
One of their prizes was a coupon for a free goldfish. The boys were pretty excited about it. So we went to the store to redeem said coupon, only to find out their goldfish tank had gotten contaminated and all their goldfish were dead. The boys hearts were set on bringing home a fish, so we ended up buying a Beta fish and all the needed items. So the coupons for $.50 ended up costing us about $15. Why did we encourage Heath to learn how to read? Now when we get coupons such as this I can't claim it says something like "You did a super good job!" He can call me on it, and we end up with our first family pet (thoughtfully named 'Fishy"). Though I think Fishy is a pretty good steal over the dog Dave and the boys were begging for at Christmas.
Perhaps my favorite part of the last few months was during Spring Break. In February my sister Becca gave birth to a stunning baby girl Penelope. Penny's blessing was at the beginning of our Spring Break. It was such a special day, I'm so happy for Becca and Jesse and it's always so much fun when the Davis clan can gather and spend time together. We spent the whole week in Idaho Falls, it was some nice down time, I really love getting to relax and hang out with family.
It was back to business as soon as we got back though. We finally got Charlie into the allergist. We had some blood work and testing done about a year ago and learned he had food allergies. Unfortunately, there wasn't any accurate testing that could be done at that age to determine what exactly he was allergic to. So he became my science experiment, I cut out anything suspect and then added it back in, if he broke out and displayed symptoms we decided he had issues with. I ended up cutting out wheat, dairy, oats, eggs, and nuts out of his and mine diet.

80% of kids grow out of food allergies and I'd heard it just seems to happen overnight. Mid-October last year I noticed he didn't seem to react when cheese was unintentionally eaten. We successfully weaned him onto regular formula around Thanksgiving. Hurray! To make what is turning into a long story short, we decided to go ahead and take him in to get tested (now that he was old enough) to see if he still had other allergies. Test results are in, and the only thing he seems to be allergic to now is dogs. (Good thing I held my ground at Christmas on the dog thing.) May I just say Charlie is a much happier person with carbs in his life. He also loves when I give his brothers something to eat and he gets one too.
One last significant event to note. Heath had another Birthday! Instead of a big party on the weekend, Heath opted to have a couple friends over to go get Happy Meals and have a sleep over since there was no school on Friday. I've got to admit it was really fun to see these semi tough boys, who think potty words are the funniest thing ever and just spent the whole evening screaming and sword fighting and playing video games, put on their jammies and grab their little blankies and stuffed animals and snuggle up for the night after I promised to leave the lamp on downstairs all night.


So I think that just about sums things up. Those are the highlights from the last few months. If you made it through the whole thing congratulations and thanks for caring!



2 comments:
hooray! the update was everything i had dreamed it would be! keep up the good work, young lady.
I love it Jil! Keep it up. :)
Post a Comment