I've often thought I'd like to run a 5K and today I thought, let's try it. I drove a route this afternoon in case the rain let up, but unsure what the weather would be like. So after dinner the rain had stopped, but the wind was still reminiscent of Idaho Falls and Rexburg. Hmm, maybe tomorrow. The weather report said 30 MPH gusts today, but tomorrow would be pretty nice. Well, I'll just try the first mile and see how bad the wind is. I almost turned around two houses away from my own before I even started running. As I approached the end of my first mile still toying with the idea of putting this off until tomorrow I remembered something my dad used to always say (this is not verbatim) "why put off until tomorrow what you can do today." And that was it, I decided to just do this no more excuses. So I have to take a moment to pat myself on the back for pushing through even when it felt like the wind was blowing me backwards. I'm pretty dang proud of myself, and it feels good to be proud of myself, and remember even when the wind was unrelenting I can be unyielding too.
I ran my first 5K today in 30 mph gusts, I wonder what I'll do next week.

6 comments:
Woohoo, owow!!!! I think that is so stinkin awesome! I'm totally excited for you!!! Congratulations and I definitely think you deserve a pat on the back!
Way to go!!! Ahhhh the good ole days in Rexburg... wait, I'm still here! Oh well, props to you friend!
Good job sis!
I am so proud of my Jil! I think that deserves an iPad!!!!!!
AMAZAZING! i ran my first (and last) 5K in the indoor track at the BSU rec center. i might need to start exercising again. but you are supposed to help me. so i blame you for being out of shape.
yep, just killed your moment.
(but seriously, AWESOME. you are the best, sister friend.)
Way to go!!! It was fun to catch up on your other posts too! We never have enough time to chat in our occasional meeting in the hall at church.
Post a Comment