Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Early Happy Birthday

I will be out of town and away from my computer on her birthday. So I would like to wish Annie a happy early birthday. In family tradition I would like to share a memory of my youngest sister. My family had the special opportunity of having Annie come live with us for six weeks in January and February while she was a Page in the House of Representatives. I had a great time! Dave would let me take random trips shopping downtown and to the mall with her. I got to play in her huge collection of eye make up. And we had a built in babysitter when needed. It was really helpful on Wednesday nights when Heath had gymnastics until seven and Dave had to be at mutual at seven. There was about a twenty minute interlude that we struggled juggling the younger two boys. It was difficult to take them to gymnastics and they were distracting at mutual. So Annie was able to fill the gap and hung out with Charlie and Wade while Dave and I were gone. One night I came back from gymnastics to find Annie had not only tamed Charlie but he had fallen asleep on her lap. I thought it was such a sweet little scene. Then I noticed Annie's expression. She was completely annoyed! I asked her what was wrong, to which she grouchily responded, "Will you get your kid off my lap." I couldn't help but laugh. She continued, "Well, I'm getting really hot and I can't move without worrying about waking him up!" I did refuse to move Charlie until I got a picture of this moment so I could always remind her of this sweet moment that was absolutely torturous to her. It was really a lot of fun having you live with us, I'm glad you put up with us. Happy Birthday Annie! I can't believe your 18! We love you!

4 comments:

boo face mcjones said...

still one of the best photos of all time. although, the picture i have of her "bowling" is the best. maybe i should scan it and put it up on my blog...

what would we do without all the free entertainment she gives us?

Brigette said...

Oh that is just great. Thank you for that wonderful picture. :)

Brigette said...

By the way, I really liked your last post. That was awesome. Good for you.

Annie said...

you make me seem like such a terrible person with this, haha. you are going to hold this over my head for soo long!