Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Now that our backs have stopped hurting

So as a lot of you may know, we recently have redone some of our flooring. We swapped out the standard spec home carpet and vinyl in the front room. kitchen, and laundry/bathroom with a laminate. Being encouraged by our friends who had done similar projects and armed with Dave's parents as reinforcements we decided to make it a DIY project. I've decided to label everyone who said we could "do it in a couple of days" and it will be "pretty easy" as liars. Let's just leave it as demo was easy, but the install was much trickier than we anticipated and took us an entire extra day of frantic labor to finish up. Dave will tell anyone who asks that it's worth the installation cost. So we'll skip past all the befores and during and get right to the finished project.



What's that? You hate my curtains? I do too. Soon...soon...they will hopefully be gone too. Along with the monotone, I need more color in there. (besides our baby saucer of course, that may become a permanent fixture in the room even after penelope grows out of it)





I know, I know you were really hoping of a picture of the bathroom too, I've got one, I just don't see what's so fun about posting a pic of a toilet, (unless of course it has a picture of my frustrated brother trying to unclog it.)

I do need to give a big credit to my in-laws!!! They worked so hard with us all week, and even helped me cross off a few other little projects that have been on my to-do list for years! I would also like to thank McDonalds for catering the event.

6 comments:

Nickie said...

Hey, that rug rocks in there! I love it!
I'm loving that last picture of your boys. I love those two, they are so cute. I'm pretty sure Wade was just waiting for a kiss, look at those cute little lips!

Shortcake said...

Wow - great job guys - it looks great! You tackled way more space than we did so if you did all of that in a matter of days you're amazing! I also heard from Adam that your run went great on Saturday - way to go!

Julie Barnes said...

WOW! It really looks amazing. Is that laminate? It looks like real wood in the pictures! you are amazing!

Kinley said...

Way to go! I find that there is usually a reason for an installation industry... It looks great and hooray that it is finished!

Christopher said...

but i DO love the zebra rug!

Unknown said...

Looks GREAT!